Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Weekend....

So, Turner posted a bit, mostly about THE FENCE which we are so excited to get done and which he has had to do almost completely on his own. It looks phenomenal and I'm so glad it is finished. I'll try to remember to take a few pictures of it and post them as it really does look wonderful.
I figured while I was at it, I'd update you as to the rest of the weekend. Friday after work we met at Michelle's house so that one of my work friends, Kristen, could meet the supermodel boy puppy Michelle has been fostering, Katz, as well as a little girl puppy that Brandon had found a few days prior (with an abcess above her eye from where some evil person hit her and a limp). Kristen was interested in getting a second dog as she lost one of her dogs some time ago. In the end, she decided to try the little girl who has been staying with her since Sunday and who they love very much. All in all, a pretty successful Friday night if I do say so myself.



On Saturday, we hit a few garage sales in Inglewood (our part of Nashville) to no avail. Lotso f weird old glassware, old fashioned hats, and weird and ugly floral arrangements. NOT VERY FUN FOR BABIES!
But, our friends Craig and Kari were out garage saling and called us as they'd found a good one with a lot of baby stuff, so we headed to Hendersonville and managed to pick up a Diaper Champ, bath tub and back pack as well as a few stacking toys. Then we went to lunch with Craig, Kari and Corbin (who is 1 1/2) and after that, Turner and I hit World Market, TJ Maxx Home Goods and Sam's with Kari. It was a fun and relaxing day. We got a big pack of Pampers Swaddlers at Sam's (per Amber's recommendation), but I later realized we have no idea what size swaddlers we got. I figured swaddlers only came in one size....I've since found out I'm QUITE wrong!
Sunday is when Turner finished the fence and I vacuumed, steam-cleaned the carpet (thanks, Garcia!!) and then touched up the white woodwork (thanks in part to Darwin and Garcia!). We went to Frank and Amber's on Sunday and had dinner and hung out.
And now, here we are, back in the daily grind....
Hope all is well with you.
Love,
J

No comments: