Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Holly Street

So, today we went for our first daycare tour/application at Holly Street in East Nashville. I THINK it is our preference, though I'm not 100% sure yet. We have another appointment tomorrow and then one next week.
Either way, we were impressed with them. We had a very involved tour and were able to see all the levels except the school-age children as they'd gone on a field trip to Cheekwood. They only accept 8 babies at a time, so it may be a bit of a stretch to get Bernie in first thing, but we plan to keep him/her on their list as they seem to have a more diverse and educational philosophy than other daycares we've heard about. They'll keep Bernie on the schedule that we request and seemed very flexible about things of that nature. They also have specialized teachers who work with the kids in art, tumbling, music, etc and a few of the teachers speak Spanish.
Oh, and the woman giving the tour pointed out the child of a woman I work with in the infant room during the tour and he was SUPER adorable. Made me think that maybe I don't care if we have a girl or a boy. He was just super happy and bouncing away in his bouncy seat. Turner thinks I'm a creepy stalker because I was so taken with him...I think it's just my mom hormones kicking in!!!!!

1 comment:

Turner said...

Nope. She was creepy. Especially when she said "I could jus tstay here all day and watch him bounce"...

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.