Saturday, June 14, 2008

Now, an update from Jessica

First of all, sorry I haven't been better about updating this week. For some reason, I've been hit with a round of tiredness. Maybe my body is making up for not making it too hard on me in the first trimester :-) All said, it hasn't been too bad, but I have been sleepier than normal and my legs and hips have been sore and tired. I figure I'm just stretching or something to accomodate Bernie. I have started wearing some maternity clothes, in particular, the Bella bands Joelle introduced me to... they are possibly the greatest invention known to pregnant woman, so thanks, Joelle.

I'm including a picture of me in a sort of maternity outfit. I wore some preggo capris (more thanks to Joelle!) and a shirt I got at the Gap for pregnancy(albeit, it isn't a maternity shirt) to go to our friends Frank and Amber's the other night. I must say, the maternity pants are much more comfortable than most of my normal pants now.


(Not sure why I'm making the weird looking face in the picture...)
The rest of the week was a bit of a blur. I had a training at the Child Advocacy Center on Tuesday. Wednesday night, Carolyn came over and we grilled out. She got Bernie a lamb blanket and the softest blanket ever. Thanks, Auntie Carolyn! We had a nice visit, but again, I was worn out. Thursday, we had Cause for the Paws (the committee we're on to benefit Metro Animal Control). Last night, we ended up going to see The Happening and then grabbing some dinner. I didn't actually like the movie as much as I'd hoped, though Turner said he enjoyed it. And now, here we are and it's Saturday. Alas, it's raining, so Turner is not getting to work on the fence.
One other bit of baby news, we got the Rainforest Bouncer that we wanted this week. I was particuarly interested in this one as Lyla and Pressley seem to enjoy it so much. Anyway, when we brought it home, Darwin got very excited about it (especially when it was vibrating!). He actually nibbled on it (he doesn't actually bite it) just like he does the bed. Anyway, we thought it was funny, so here's a picture of that...

That's all for now, but we'll keep you posted should anything particuarly interesting come up.
Love to all,
Jessica

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Jessica,
Thank you for the update. Even though we get to talk to you, the blog with pictures, etc. makes us feel a little bit more like we are there. I envy those who are able to be there. I know it'll be worse after the baby is born. By the way, you look great!

Mother and Daddy (aka-grandmother and granddaddy-just ask Lyla and Pressley)

Joelle Turner said...

Woo Hoo! An update... I check like 10 times a day! Now I know why people always complained about me not updating when I was pregnant! Delaney Moore also LOVES the rainforest bouncy, Candice bought one the day after they returned home -- so GOOD purchase! In fact, anything "rainforest" is great. Today we bought the girls "rainforest" rear view mirror things for the car and Pressley was instantly in love, she cried every time the music stopped. And when it was playing she was the happiest she has ever been in the car!

You look FABULOUS! Love your top! Is that maternity, will I get to "inherit" it for my next pregnancy??

Love you guys!