Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bernie's Benefactor, Auntie Michelle :-)

Michelle and I went shopping today and she very patiently trooped around and looked at all sorts of maternity clothes and baby items with me. Granted, she did find a few things for herself. On the maternity clothing front, I found a great sale at Kohls and got 2 pairs of black dress pants, 1 pair of grey work pants, a pair of maternity jeans and a short sleeved maternity sweater, all for under $12 each (some were quite a bit less than that). Alas, not too many tops were on clearance and I wasn't too excited about what they had in general shirt-wise, but I feel a little more prepared for my expanding waistline, so that's exciting! Not to mention, they are ridiculously comfy. I'm not sure why we can't wear maternity clothes all the time.
After that, we looked at baby stuff at Kohl's and Michelle got the baby it's first puppy gear (See picture).

We figured whether it's a girl or a boy, it will be a fan of puppies what with its two brothers, and a little blue never hurts. Plus all of the onesies have puppies on them and though they are blue, they aren't particuarly boyish. And, in case you are looking for an untapped market, apparently there is very sexist marketing in terms of baby clothing with puppies on it. There just wasn't anything that was either more gender neutral or for girls which is silly as clearly girls like puppies, too!
Afterwards, we hit Babies R Us and I discovered that they are discontinuing the bedding set that Turner and I liked. Bad news as we weren't really ready to buy it yet, but good news as it was a little cheaper. So I called Turner and we decided to go ahead and get the bedding and keep the receipt as if we change our minds, we can always return it. I'll upload pix of that later, but meanwhile, Michelle got the Peanut an extra crib sheet and it's first organic crib sheet :-) (If you know Michelle, this won't surprise you).

Either way, it was a great day (though a LOT of walking) and I'm pretty sure I had a much better run of it than Turner who stayed home (after golfing so don't feel TOO sorry for him) and painted the fence. It looks great, though and I'll post pix of it soon.
All that said, thanks for a great day of shopping and for Bernie's presents, Auntie Michelle!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love the "blue puppy" things, and girls look beautiful in blue (if that's the case). The bedding is great, too. All of this AND maternity clothes. You had a good day of shopping! BTW, I'm in agreement about he maternity clothes for comfort.