Thursday, July 31, 2008

General Update and Week 22...

I feel bad that we aren't posting more on the blog. It just seems like not that much tremendously exciting is going on. We've been continuing to work on Quinn's room and are close to being done except some touch up on the chair rail and some caulking. We touched up the paint last weekend. Our next project, which I think we will kick off this weekend, is to sand down the furniture we plan to use to paint it white. It's kind of funky, 70's looking stuff that I'm not that wild about (sorry, Turner!), but I'm hoping that painted a solid color instead of a the wood grain and with the addition of some funky drawer pulls, it will look totally different.
After that, we still will need to run additional power in his room (there's only 1 outlet right now!!!) and then get cracking on the former office/guest room to-be. We're trying to find a futon that will work in that space as it just isn't big enough to accomodate a Queen sized bed or even a normal full without taking up way too much space. Don't worry, for those of you who actually stay with us, we plan to get a nice mattress so it really shouldn't be too bad at all. I think it may be hormones, but I feel a real push to get all of this done. I know the further into the pregnancy I get I will wind up more tired, and a little larger (and therefore less mobile) so I want to get as much done as possible asap. It just seems like there is so much to do.
Other than all of that, everything has been going well. I'm working on cutting out some quilt pieces from some of my dad's old shirts so that my friend Nichole can help me (read: take charge as I know nothing about doing it) make a baby quilt for Quinn. I also really want to paint something for his wall...I have this idea that I really like, but I don't know if I'll get it done so I won't tell you about it yet. I am starting to sound crazy and slightly over-motivated, eh? The tragic bit is, that when I get home, I'm just so tired I don't actually get much of it done. Oh well...I AM growing a baby afterall!
And now, for Week 22:

(Can I just mention that I LOVE me some spaghetti squash! I know that it's a little random to share when it is Quinn's veggie of the week, but it is one of my absolute favorites. I introduced Turner to it just recently and he likes it as well. Sorry, leave it to me to bring it all back to eating :-) ...Ok, back to it:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

1 comment:

Joelle Turner said...

Mmmmm, spaghetti squash.... I love it, too! I just made the girlies some butternut squash baby food, we'll see how they feel about squash in a few days.

I hope you do your painting on the wall! I would LOVE to see it. I'm looking forward to it already.

And the quilt idea is brilliant! What a precious way to pass down your father's memory to Quinn!! Its something he can keep forever and pass down to his children --- thats really awesome.