Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 19 Update

So here is the offical week 19 update...

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


So the Peanut is a Tomato.... Too bad she/he is a few weeks away from the East Nashville Tomato Festival as that would be timely.


Meanwhile, we're in Mattoon, IL accompanying my mom her high school renion. (Her 45th!) It's actually the year that most of the Class of 1963 turns 63 years old-pretty impressive! That said, it may seem a bit odd that we're attending, but I'm getting a chance to catch up with a few of my moms friends who I spent lots of time with growing up which is great. And Turner's getting to meet them all and see the town my mom grew up in and where my grandma lived, my fave parks, etc. Granted, so far he's mostly gotten to see me, my mom an Susie Miller shop at Elder Berman, but I'm sure we'll get to the sights soon.
More later.
Meanwhile, love to all,
Jessica

1 comment:

Joelle Turner said...

Yippee, week 19!! Almost time to find out if Bernie is a he or a she!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Glad you guys are doing well and enjoying time out of town! It'll be different next time, better is most ways, but definitely different. Love you.