Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some more Mattoon Pix...


So this is a picture of the brick sidewalk outside of my grandma's house. I had to get a picture of it as I can remember helping weed it in my childhood. Now, I have to admit, I'm not good at weeding as an adult, so I am guessing that as a child I didn't do great work either, but I do remember it fondly. As a side note, I don't think the people who live there now are good at weeding either.

This is the fountain at Friendship Park. There was a couple that was getting married there when we showed up to take our pictures, which was interesting in so much as when I was little, I always thought I'd get married at Friendship Park. It always seemed so peaceful and was so nicely landscaped, I always loved it there. And I'd go there with my grandma or parents or when I wanted time alone. I went there with my friends when they came along to visit my grandma and at least one time, I met some boys that we'd met playing tennis at Friendship Park with my friend Joyce when we were 12 or so...sneaky girls!

This is just a shot of my mom and Turner outside Cody restaurant where we ate on Thursday. My mom stayed with her friend Susan Miller and apparently, she has been to the restaurant so many times, Susie practically has the menu memorized. Either way, the food was great and we were glad to be there.

This is Susie and her husband Larry at Villa pizza. It's a really tasty local spot that has a pizza buffet. They also have an amazing salad bar. Larry met us for lunch on Friday before we hit the mall for some Elder Berman sales. (I've never been to Mattoon when Susie hasn't said there are sales at Elder Berman!!!)

No comments: