Sunday, August 3, 2008

A little more progress...


So, after a long, hot weekend, we've made a little more progress on Quinn's room. We had talked a lot about sanding down Turner's old bedroom furniture and painting it white. However, the temperatures haven't been conducive to much outdoor work so after some thinking, we decided we might try it with the furniture as is. It's kind of 70's looking, but on the upside, it kind of goes with the decor of the room. Anyway, let us know what you think of the regular-old furniture in the room.

I know we've shown everyone the paint job, but we also have acquired a gliding recliner for his room (in case we wind up spending some quality evening time there). We decided to go with something a little less baby-ish and a little more everyday furniture-ish as he won't be a baby forever. And we got lucky and found this for less than a lot of the plain gliders. Oh, and this is what it looks like with a Darwin in front of it.

Here's a shot of Garcia (and Darwin's burro ears) in front of where the crib will go. I put the bedding in the corner just to show the colors in the context of the whole room. (Cause I'm crazy :-)

This is just another shot of the tall dresser and the chair. We're thinking about getting a bench to go to the right of the dresser with a few of those collapseable storage baskets for toys and such.

And finally, this is a good shot of the room (with Garcia) and the new rugs. The little round rug goes along with the pattern of the bedding. The mirror on top of the dresser is also new (though I think we'll hang it eventually instead of leaving it precariously perched there). I think the room is starting to come together. When we get the crib and can put the bedding in, we'll send more pix. Let me know any thoughts you have!
Love to all,
Jessica

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I like the room. What color is the crib. Michael didn't seem to know when I asked him. If it's dark, or, at least some sort of wood color--as opposed to white, the furniture will look good. It really looks good! I like the glider, too.

Nichole said...

I LIKE the furniture. I think it will look good with the crib (that I saw over at Mindy's). Good work. Like the mirror too.