Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 31 Update & Room Update


This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


This is the dog painting I did for his room. Basically, I saw something very similar to it in a local shop and decided that I loved it, but alas, I didn't much want to pay the $500 price tag, so I decided to try my hand at it myself. In general, I'm happy with the way it came out, though I think I need to soften the dogs eyes a bit as they look a little scary to me right now.


This is the painting's location over the crib. You can also see the scrabooking/baby book calendar that I got for his room. Basically, it will let us jot down milestones as they happen so we can make sure they get recorded in his baby book/scrap book (I've registered for a combo thing at Babies R Us that I think will do the trick). Much as I hate to admit it, I imagine that when we both go back to work when he is three months or so old, keeping track of all of his changes, etc, will get a little harder, so I thought this was a great way to stay on top of it.


This is the mirror but instead of sitting on the dresser, it's finally hung up :-) We also got some baskets for his room to hold his baby toiletries and diapers, etc. We plan to put the changing pad on the left side of the dresser, so that explains why at this point it is a big bare spot.



And last, but certainly not least, here are Quinn's brothers who helped me take these pictures and are now helping me write the blog. Garcia is psychotically chewing on a bone and Darwin is asleep at my feet. They got snacks this morning when we were taking the pictuers (as part of their dog training to postitively reinforce Quinn's room) and now that I'm almost done blogging, I think I may eat some cereal (still my fave food!) and go back to bed for a bit and try and sleep off some of this cold/sinus thing and I'm certain Garcia and Darwin will be right along with me.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Love,
J

2 comments:

Regina Stoner said...

The nursery looks so good! All its missing is a baby :-). The boys look like they are totally ready to be big brothers. I hope you are enjoying your last couple months of baby carrying. We can't wait to see you guys and meet Quinn for the first time. Love ya!!!

Brenda said...

Wow! The room looks great. I can't wait to see it--especially with Quinn in it.

BTW-I don't see anything else about a futon. You know I'll be there, even without a futon. I can sleep on the couch. Just ask David and Joelle.