Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week 29 Update and Doctor Follw Up

Week 29 Update

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Other than that, the gestational diabetes test came back good (thank goodness as I do like some sweets :-) It does turn out that I'm pretty low on iron, but it's a reasonably easy fix and I'm now taking a supplement that should help. Apparently Quinn's sapping all the good stuff from me :-) I actually was glad to find that out as I've been so wiped out lately and that may explain it to some degree.

Work-wise it's a little tough as I have a big trial that I kind of inherited with short notice. Worse yet, its an infant death case involving a shaken baby. Cross your fingers that I'll be able to tough it out and keep my emotions in check for the next week. I think I've got the prep work done, but it's always hard to know exactly how a trial will develop so it could still be a big challenge. Moreover, I've actually never had a trial in front of this particular judge before, so that will make it all the more challenging.

As for Maxx (now Carlito) the stray we helped rescue, he is doing well. He apparently talked his new owners into letting him sleep in the bed the second night he was there. We're so glad we were able to help make that happen.

Tomorrow we're going to the Titans game so that should be fun. Elsewise, nothing too exciting here... Well, we are for some reason having a super gas crisis and 85% + of the gas stations here have been out of gas and people are acting like psychos, but we managed to fill up last night and are in good shape.

Love to everyone,
J

1 comment:

Regina Stoner said...

I can't believe how close it is getting!! Glad to hear that everything is going well! We can't wait to meet Quinn in person... Love you both and good job at the Titans game yesterday.. a much better performance that the SC game that you went to :-).