Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Greenville Baby Shower


So, while we were in Greenville visiting Turner's family, his mother, grandmother, Aunt Susan and sister Regina hosted a baby shower for us so we could celebrate with friends and family there. It was a lot of fun (save the part where we awkwardly opened presents which apparently we aren't very good at-especially judging by our pictures)! We really appreciate all the effort they made in advance and all the work that they, David, Joelle, Daddy (Turner's) and Granddaddy made on the day of the shower.

Here's a shot of Turner and his mother at the shower. I jokingly took this because every time that he wears this light blue polo, Turner gets it dirty, so I thought I'd get a shot before that happened. Amazingly enough, even with eating dinner at the shower (Granddaddy made delicious hot dogs and we had chips and beans, etc), Turner managed to stay clean! Maybe in preparation for being a dad himself he is trying to be less messy.

This is me and Aunt Susan at the shower. I thought I took a lot of pictures at the shower, but somehow I managed to fail to get pix of lots of people including Granddaddy, Steve, Candace, Rivers and Delaney, and so on. I guess I shouldn't have tried to photograph the shower myself. Granted, Regina did all of the picture taking while we opened gifts. She was a complete trooper, bringing us each gift and taking away the wrapping paper, etc. I'm not sure I would have been as good a sport.


This is David and Joelle and her dad, Ken, with Lyla. Joelle's family had just gotten back from a week long vacation at the lake so we were glad they were able to make it.


Of course, the real stars of the shower were the girls (See Lyla chilling with her Uncle Chris). Everyone enjoyed seeing them and playing with them so much. And we were truly showered with gifts. Along with the video monitor, and walk n ride, we got a bilingual guitar, the frog bath tub scoop and bath toys, a set of bottles, a travel booster seat, several books and TONS of clothing! (Plus I'm sure I'm leaving something out in this list..... Quinn already has a complete 0-3 mo wardrobe and save a few sleepers and a few pairs of pants for 3-6 mo is almost set for that as well. We're so lucky to have so many people who love Quinn (and want him to be the best dressed baby boy in the world) and we were so glad to get to celebrate with everyone in Greenville.
Thanks again to all for all of your work on the shower!
Much love,
J

No comments: