Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quick and sort of exciting update...

We went to the doctor today for our 7 month check up. I had to drink that vile orange stuff so they could test my blood for gestational diabetes... It was horrid and completely awful. Worse yet, I drank it in court before going to the doctor. It was sealed so well it took 3 different police officers to finally get it open. All that said, I don't wish that stuff on my worst enemy.
Anyway, they drew the blood and we'll get the results back tomorrow (cross your fingers as Quinn likes cereal way too much for me to have to cut out carbohydrates!).
The more exciting news is that we talked with our doctor about when specifically she would anticipate scheduling the c-section as Turner's mother really wanted to know and we have an almost official date.... If he doesn't decide to come on his own sooner, Dr. Haney said we'd have a C-section on:
12/2/2008

It's exciting to have a semi-solid date.

One other thing (to up the cuteness factor of the blog) Aunt Susan got us this outfit for Quinn that I had been creepily coveting for weeks and weeks. Other than the puppy outfit that Turner's mother got us for the shower, it was the only other outfit that I really, really wanted him to have. I'm including a picture of the blue sweater outfit. It is probably even cuter in person and so soft. I can't wait to have a Quinn to put in it!


Thanks so much, Aunt Susan!
Love to all,
J

2 comments:

Joelle Turner said...

Yea for a semi-solid date!! I bet that feels so good!!

I LOVE the blue outfit!! How adorable! Where is it from?? I can't wait to meet little Quinn -- do you think you'll bring him home from the hospital in that outfit? Or the puppy one??

Love you, miss you!!

Brenda said...

Quinn and I are still discussing Thanksgiving week. We'll let you know!

Quinn's Grandmother