Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 27 Update...Only 13 more!!!


Week 27

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

I haven't felt any hiccups yet, and in general he doesn't move a ton and is VERY erratic when he does. No one has felt him move yet but me (and Garcia).


As for us, not too much has changed since last I blogged :-) We did go to the Vandy v USC game last night and very disappointingly lost to Vandy. It was my first Gamecocks game and was a lot of fun (save the part where we lost). I'll try and post some pictures later. Meanwhile, Turner was pleasantly surprised to see that I had been telling the truth all along and I really enjoy live sporting events, I just can't watch them on tv. And I managed to haul my pregnant self up 30+ stairs 3 times during the game for bathroom trips :-) I felt pretty tough. Granted, there were lots of Vandy girls going up and down repeatedly in heels and coctail dresses, so maybe I'm not that tough afterall.



I'm posting a picture of one of my favorite Quinn outfits that his Grandmother Turner got him for his baby shower. I just fell in love with this outfit when I saw it and though I hadn't registered for it yet, Turner's mother somehow amazingly got it for Quinn. I figured since I can't post baby pix yet, I can at least post pictures of really cute clothes he'll wear in the future.


Love to all,

Jessica

No comments: