Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip to Greenville

Hey, all!


Just thought I'd post a rundown of our trip to Greenville with some pictures. We got in late on Friday (actually early am Saturday, I think) and headed to Chris and Regina's. Darwin and Garcia hadn't seen their cousin Napoleon in quite some time, so they were excited to get a chance to hang out with him. This was their first trip to Regina and Chris' since they got their new house. The boys really enjoyed the fenced in yard and exploring the two story house and all. Plus they love Regina and Chris, so it was a perfect visit as far as Darwin and Garcia were concerned. Garcia even convinced Napoleon to play with him quite a bit (which just shows how brave Napoleon is as Garcia is approximately 5 times his size)!


This is Regina at the shower. I thought the boys would want her included here as they seemed to consider abandoning me for their new dog mom and dad, Regina and Chris, this weekend.

Saturday we met Turner's parents at Taco Casa for lunch (Turner's most favorite Greenville restaurant with really cheap daily specials) and then headed over to see Grandmother, Granddaddy and Aunt Susan. David and Joelle got into town and brought Pressley and Lyla over and we all headed to the pool which was awesome as I'd been hoping to go swimming for some time. It was great to see Lyla and Pressley as we haven't seen them since May and they have grown so much. They still look very different from one another and they're even developing in different ways. Lyla can sit up and rolls all over the place while Pressley has two (very sharp) teeth and can almost stand up of her own accord. They're amazing!


This is a game that the girls' Granddaddy and Uncle Chris made up at the shower that I like to call "Baby Wars". It involves the two girls being swung towards each other and by their expressions, is perhaps one of the most fun games on earth!

Pressley clearly thinks she is winning at Baby Wars in this picture....

But in this picture, Lyla has the upper hand. No matter who wins or loses, though, Baby Wars seemed to be great fun for all and I'm sure gave both Granddaddy and Uncle Chris a good work out!

Saturday night we all met up at Turner's parents and watched the Clemson v. Alabama game. (Well, I didn't really watch it, but it was on. I think we were rooting against Clemson). Fortunately I had lots of people to visit with and babies to play with and a giant box of clothing that someone from Brenda's church had given us to go through. For once, I didn't get bored during a football game :-)


Sunday we went to church, had taco salad at Turner's parents (which was also the first meal that Turner ever made for me all by himself) and then rested a bit before the shower. I'll post separately about the shower so I can include some more pictures, but it was a lot of fun. Afterwards, we headed back to Grandmother, Granddaddy and Aunt Susan's and all hung out for quite a bit. Turner, David, Joelle, the twins and I then stopped off at Steve and Candace's which was fun as I'd never been to their house and I finally got to meet their dog, Bailey. (You know I love me some dogs!)


Monday, after a big breakfast with almost everyone at Stax, we headed out. It was really a great weekend and we really enjoyed seeing everyone, especially the twins. Lyla wasn't so sure about us, but Pressley in particular really seemed to like us and it was so much fun to play with her and see how much they both are discovering the world.


A shot of our very good travel companions on the way home!
Thanks to everyone!


Love to all,


Jessica

No comments: