Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Update...Part II

We all really enjoyed our Grandma Connie visit. I enjoyed the company, Quinn enjoyed meeting his Grandma Connie and listening to her talk and sing and make nonsense words and the boys (Darwin and Garcia) loved getting spoiled by their grandma.





















Darwin seems to be pretty well adjusted to Quinn, but Garcia is feeling a bit left out and he liked being able to go into Grandma Connie's room for special visits where he would do such things as shake hands with her (over and over and over and over...) and she would tell him how brilliant he was.














Both boys also enjoyed the fact that Grandma Connie would happily feed them everything in our entire kitchen if she could get away with it. She particuarly enjoyed sharing her Almonette Cookies with them and left the remainder behind when she flew out on the 30th with strict instructions that each boy get one per day. (And when I was talking to her today, she told me I should get another package at Walgreens as though Almonettes were now a regular part of my dogs' diets-they wish!!)










Turner's parents came in yesterday (New Year's Eve). We got home just in time to ring in the New Year and for them to see and help Quinn eat his first bottle of 2009 (which I am certain was monumental for Quinn). Today they donned all of their Gamecocks attire (Quinn included) to watch the bowl game.

























Although Quinn looks distressed, I am positive that he is just overwhelmed with Gamecock pride, hence the slightly angry face.





























Quinn's Granddaddy Curtis feeding him. I love this picture as Quinn looks as though he is trying with all of his might to really "get" whatever it is that he and his granddaddy are talking about.






































In other super exciting news, Quinn lost his umbilical cord (two weeks my eye!) today! So, he had his first "Big Boy" bath. Note: the water has a red tinge because his pirate washcloth's red dye bled into it, not because he was hurt in some way.














He actually seemed to like this kind of bath much more than a sponge bath although he still is not a fan of geting his hair washed or post-bath lotion time.





























This was the two of us hanging on the couch just a few minutes ago while his daddy got his bottle ready. As a side note, he smells amazing, like clean baby because although he objects to baby lotion, I always win that battle :-)









I'm still just astounded at how small and perfect he is... I am sure it is especially true because he is my own, but I could just look at him for hours (assuming he isn't wailing which is a little less pleasant to take in).












No comments: