Friday, December 26, 2008

Had Ourselves a Quinny (& Thrushy) Little Christmas...

So, Christmas has come and gone. I'm guessing everyone has figured out at this point that Quinn has had a rough run of it with thrush. For those of you who are fortunate enough not to know what thrush is, it's basically a yeast infection of the mouth. Quinn came down with it on Monday and apparently has a reasonably severe case. It causes him to have sores in his mouth which is rotten enough, but considering that the sores make it hard for him to eat from a bottle, it has been a pretty unpleasant experience. He's getting better, but the doctor (who I called on a daily basis at least once for the first few days :-) said it could take 2 weeks to clear up. It's hard as of course he doesn't understand what is going on, but is in some pretty bad pain at times. And the medicine and just being sick has made him tired which made it really hard to keep him awake during Christmas festivities.
He did get spoiled rotten on Christmas with lots of presents from his Grandmother, Granddaddy, Grandma Connie, Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts, and countless others. Thank you to everyone. We're so lucky that he has so many people to love him so much. He slept through a lot of the present opening (I think mostly because he's a newborn, but I still blame the stupid thrush!), but we know he'll enjoy all of his gifts, especially the toys, soon!
On the upside, Quinn is on the mend though and when his Auntie Michelle came over today to visit and have a belated visit (there are no pix from that visit on this post) he actually was alert a lot of the time. He and I spent some quality time with him hanging out on my legs checking out reflections in the window, he had tummy time with Grandma Connie AND he enjoyed a Christmas concert performed by his Auntie Michelle (including one of her Christmas faves, much to my chagrin, "Hard Candy Christmas".). He's amazing and growing and changing every day and I'll be glad when he can enjoy things a little more as feeling icky has made him a little cranky.
Anyway, here are some pix from Christmas and such.. hope you enjoy!



Here's Quinn sporting his outfit that Kari, Craig and Corbin gave him... He did have some problem with his pants riding a little low, but he'll grow into them soon enough...



















Grandma Connie and Quinn enjoying a bottle in the sunshine!












Sarah and Kevin were in from Knoxville and came by to meet Quinn. It was sooo good to see them! I've missed S a lot since she's been in law school and not in Nashville. Hopefully we'll get to visit them soon!








Garcia is exhausted from having a new brother. Actually I think it is probably from following me and his brother and his grandma around the house, but either way, he's cute!












Darwin is also exhausted. At least part of that is because he follows everyone around begging for food all the time. Turkey!













We thought we'd get a picture of Quinn with all of the presents. As you can tell, he didn't feel particuarly cooperative at that point, so we quickly abandoned that plan...













My mom and I were considerably more cooperative than Quinn was :-)












As were Turner and I... It'd be scary if we were showing everyone our tonsils!










A shot of D giving the Kung Fu Puppies that he and Cia got from Aunt Regina and Uncle Chris a hair cut (D likes to pull the tips of stuffed animal furs hair off, I have no idea why). You'll note that he has BOTH Kung Fu Puppies. That's in part because Darwin was hoarding ALL of the toys and growling at Garcia and not letting him have any and in part because when Kung Fu Puppy makes his karate chop sounds it scares Garcia :-)




Sweet Christmas puppy waiting for Santa










Quinn and I opening his presents on Christmas day (yes, he's kind of in a milk coma :-) Still he was a part of it all and I have to say for myself it was my best Christmas yet. The gifts were great and more than that, I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husband and perfect baby and (mostly) good dogs and an incredible family and great framily and rockin' friends to boot. Thanks to all of you because more or less, if you read the blog I'm pretty sure you fall into one or more of the categories above!



Love,
Jessica

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Does Quinn need a new toybox now?

Jessica Turner said...

I'm actually thinking about getting him someplace special to keep stuffed animals as that will make more space in his toy box. Ridiculous, I know!