Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Update...Part I

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a good New Year's eve. We did and I'm happy to report that Quinn is feeling MUCH better. We're almost done with thrush (knock on wood!). Thought I'd take this chance (Turner, Quinn and his grandparents from Greenville are watching some football-and by some, I mean possibly the 5th game today :-) to update the blog with some new pictures to keep you posted on the Mighty Quinn. (However, it is taking two posts as this go round it won't let me post more than 10 pix at a time...)





Auntie Michelle and Quinn opening his Christmas present. As you can see, he was really into it :-)












Mean Mommy and Aunt Michelle using part of the wrapping decorations to create a halo for Quinn. Granted, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a bit traumatized.











Turner and my mom and Quinn and I went to Rafferty's one night for dinner. Quinn was admiring this poinsetta from afar, so his daddy decided to let him get a closer look while Grandma Connie took a picture. Apparently, close up, poinsettas are TERRIFYING.











Another one of my bath time torture sessions. Granted, this one was greatly improved by using the shark puppet/washcloth that Santa Claus gave Quinn.















The fellas and I spent some quality time in the kitchen making a turkey pot pie with all of the Christmas dinner left overs. As you can see from Darwin's demeanor, it was quite tiring.









Me and Grandma Connie and Quinn at Rafferty's. (I'm pretty sure he loves us a ton, but is just still traumatized by the poinsetta). We did learn that night that noisy restaurants are actually kind of good with babies as if they cry, the other patrons don't even notice!










Daddy and Quinn doing the last feeding of the night. I love the way his little head has just fallen back over his dad's arm.













Quinn doing one of his hand jives for his Grandma Connie. He is nothing if not one, super-squiggly, extra-wiggly boy!









I love when his eyes get all serious like this. He looks as though he is considering whatever Grandma Connie is saying with the utmost concentration. Of course, it is quite possible he was just staring at the ceiling fan (he LOVES some ceiling fan), but I prefer to believe he is pondering the meaning of life with his grandma
:-) Such a wee, wise baby!

No comments: