Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 Weeks & Four Days..

Hey, all!

Well, things in Quinn-land have been a little hectic. Not so much because we've had tons going on (though we have had quite a few visitors) but because Quinn has been having some fussy periods which have made things a little challenging at times. Most of the time he is an absolute sweetheart, but if he gets thrown off of his feeding and sleeping schedule, even if he does it himself, look out! Yesterday we had a particuarly rough day but today is going well.
My mom (Quinn's Grandma Connie) is visiting from Illinois. She'll be here through Christmas and we're really enjoying having her and she's enjoying her new grandson.
As for the adjustments, I figure they are to be expected with a newborn. Quinn isn't the sort of newborn who sleeps all the time so we are trying to capitalize on that and do a few little activities here and there to keep him engaged in the hopes of improving his sleeping patterns. He does do pretty well at night, so maybe we shouldn't complain too much :-)
Anyway, here are some more pix of Quinn's life....








This was Quinn trying out his swing. We thought we'd give it a whirl as he had such a rough day yesterday that I wanted to see if he'd like it. He did seem to enjoy it pretty well. The swing is actually something I got from my dad before he passed away. He and my stepmother used it for my step-nephew Riley. It was one of Riley's favorite things for a time so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it with Quinn...





Meanwhile, Garcia wanted to make sure that I still knew that he was a cute baby also by showing off and doing "kangaroo".










Grandma Connie watchng Quinn try out his swing.



Grandma Connie and Quinn hanging on the couch.



She likes to sing him all kinds of silly songs which he seems to enjoy...


Craig, Kari and Corbin came over to meet Quinn before they left for their Christmas trip. Corbin was very gentle with Quinn though I think he was more interested in playing with Turner's djembe drum in the long run :-)

I just took these cause I thought it was funny... Turner was holding him up and talking to him and it looked like a mini-Turner (which I guess Quinn is!) looking back at him....




He seems to really enjoy looking at his daddy, I'm guessing he thinks his daddy is a good looking guy. Meanwhile, he does seem to take after his mom in that he also LOVES looking at himself in the mirror. At his peditricians office there is a mirror on the side of the exam table and when he is laying on he table he just can't get enough of that good looking baby!!
Hope you all are having a good holiday season!
Love to all,
J

No comments: