Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Final Ultrasound!!

Hey everybody! This post comes to you courtesy of Turner. I know that I've been lax, but Jessica is so freakin' good at this that it feels a little unfair to have to try to compete with her!
Anyway, I have the honor and privilege of bring you the pictures from our final ultrasound. We managed to get the same tech that we had for the last ultrasound and she was fun to work with and did a great job. They're beautiful and I think you're all in for a treat!

First up are the 2D black and whites that you're used to...

Jess thinks that he looks like Winston Churchill in this one. I think he looks a little like Alfred Hitchcock...



This one's pretty much the same.



Now this was a little more difficult to see, so I circled his face. He's looking straight at the camera and you can see the nose in the middle with eyes on either side.








Ok, now for the fun ones. We tried to do one of these at the last ultrasound, but it didn't come out all that clear. These are absolutely amazing!!

First up is the one that I find the most amusing. My boys got some jowls!!




This one was one of the sweeter pictures and probably our favorite of the lot. He looks very cozy in there.



And I'll close out with the last few. The only issue that we had is that he seems to have his head pressed tightly against the uterine wall, so it looks like he's wearing a hat!






I can't tell you what a rush it was to get to see him on the monitor. The ability to get these 3D pictures was incredible. He looks great and both the tech and our doctor said that everything looks good and right one track.
Jess and I are so incredibly excited and the day can't get here fast enough. His room is ready and we're ready, he's the one who's taking his time. Actually, we want him to stay in there as long as he can, we're just anxious to meet him.

Since I haven't written much on here, I should take this opportunity to say what a lucky man I am to have such an amazing wife. She's trooped through pregnancy like a professional and loved almost every minute of it. She's never stopped being her amazing, beautiful self for a minute and I love her all the more for it. She is going to be an incredible mom and Quinn is a lucky boy to have her.

-Turner

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Quinn is BEAUTIFUL. We can't wait to see him and hold him. OH, yeah, we love ya'll,too.

Beckita said...

These made me tear up - he is so beautiful!! Rob says he looks like the man on the moon...but I don't really know what he's trying to say and Rob very well may have a concussion right now (we'll tell you about that later). Anyways, these are so amazing - we can't wait to meet him!!