Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week 39 Update...Next it will be time to meet Quinn


Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
Happy Thankgiving everyone! We had a good holiday, though I was sick earlier in the week and am still recuperating. I've had a reasonably nasty sinuus infection for the last few weeks and my doctor FINALLY gave in and gave me an antibiotic at our last appointment on Wednesday. It may have been one of the happier days of my pregnancy as frankly, all the coughing AND being 9 months pregnant was not my favorite. I'm feeling a bit better now, but managed to somehow bruise or pull a muscle in my side with all the coughing which is making it pretty hard to sleep. Oh, well. As everyone says, I won't be sleeping much for awhile anyway, so I guess it is just good preparation.
Regina, Chris and Napoleon (Turner's sister, bro in law and our dog nephew) came in for the holiday. They got in on Wed. in time for Michelle's traditional Wednesday Thanksgiving. Then on Thursday we managed to have two more Thanksgivings with Nichole and Pete and Craig, Kari and Corbin. This is a good week for Quinn to be putting on his final lbs. as I think that he's had more access to food (via his mom) than ever! We did some shopping on Friday and met up with some of Turner's old college friends and today we watched the SC Gamecocks game (stupid Clemson!) and went out for dinner and then some Golden Tee... We've had a really good time, though I'm pretty sure I'm kind of on the uninteresting side as a hostess at this point as I spend so much time just vegging out.
All that said, a little over two days until we will have Quinn. I can't quite believe it and am vacilating between excited and slightly terrified.... I know that we are as prepared as we can be, but there is no way to know what exactly he will bring.... At the same time, I couldn't have a better partner than Turner, and he makes everything easier so I'm sure we'll be just fine.
Still, cross your fingers for us!
Love to all,
J

No comments: